Today we were looking at 2 Peter 3:1 where Peter is telling the believers to remember. We looked back through the book of 2 Peter and found seven things to remember:
- Remember that God is a Holy God (2 Peter 2:9)
- Remember God is Gracious (2 Peter 1:10-11)
- Remember God's Love Covers Our Sins (2 Peter 1:4)
- Remember God is Faithful (2 Peter 1:4, 17, 19)
- Remember God is Looking for Maturity, Not Perfection (2 Peter 1:5-9)
- Remember God is Able to Rescue the Righteous from Temptation (2 Peter 2:9)
- Remember God is Sovereign ( 2 Peter 1:1-2)
As she was speaking today about God rescuing us from temptation she talked about three areas that in her experience of teaching moms are very common for moms. Those three things are guilt, fear, and anger. Can you relate? We need to recognize the source of the thought, refuse the thought, replace the thought with a truth from God's Word, and thank Him for the ability to overcome the temptation.
I was so challenged! I want to be a godly women, seeking after God, and doing what is right so I can be the example to my children and teach them the way to righteousness.